Today I am posting another one of our favorite bean recipes. In fact, this is the recipe that I used just prior to finding Our Favorite Baked Beans.
Baked Beans with Apples
- 2 cans (28 oz each) pork and beans
- 1 1/2 cups onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Granny Smith Apple, diced
- 2 Tbs. mustard
- 1/2 -3/4 cup brown sugar
- 8-10 slices Canadian Bacon
- Combine all ingredients (except Canadian Bacon) in crock pot.
- Top with Canadian Bacon.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on High or 8 hours on Low.
I made a few changes to the original recipe that I found on Food Network. It's a Paula Deen recipe. I left out the salt, replaced raw bacon for Canadian Bacon and cook them in the crock pot instead of the oven.
I'll be sharing this recipe with the following blog carnivals this week:
Be sure to check out Crock Pot Wednesday for more easy Crock Pot recipes.