My friend Lisa posted a recipe for Gooey Butter Cookies that I just had to try! I had all of the ingredients so I made a double batch and took a half a batch to each house for Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.
When I first saw her recipe, I immediately wondered how great a chocolate version would be! I found out on New Year's Eve, when I made a batch of each! YUM!!!!!
Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
- chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- powdered sugar
- Add cake mix, egg, cream cheese and butter in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Chill over night (or at least 4 hours)
- Roll into balls to desired size.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- Bake at 350* for 9-12 minutes.
I plan on making these, using Lemon cake mix for Easter.