Since today is Monday, I thought I'd start off with a Menu Plan Monday post. You'll find this post linked up over at I'm an Organizing Junkie and also on my other blog, Under the Big Oak Tree.
While Under the Big Oak Tree focuses on many topics (family, food, dieting, frugal tips, etc), My Vintage Kitchen will focus on menu planning, kitchen tips, recipes and also my vintage kitchen related items. In other words, this will be about all things kitchen related.
I hope you will enjoy visiting me here, in my vintage kitchen. Pull up a chair and enjoy a nice glass of Sweet Tea or Watermelon Punch.
This is what we'll be eating this week:
- Spaghetti with Simply Tomato Sauce, Fried Eggplant, garlic bread, salad.
- Barbecue Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Fried Zucchini, corn on the cob. I'm a little sad that we didn't get around to planting our little vegetable garden this year. Especially, now that I see all of the wonderful zucchini recipes posted all over the internet! This isn't the healthiest way to eat zucchini, but it is one of our favorites! (The recipes for the meatloaf and mashed potatoes will be posted soon!)
- Tuna Noodle Casserole. MMmmm. Comfort food! After breaking down and ordering take-out over the weekend, I am in serious need of some comfort food. I'll check out the weather to see if there is going to be a cooler day to prepare this.
- Baked Veggie Fritters. I plan on making up a batch of these tasty veggie patties and eating them with meals through out the week. They are great as a snack or quick lunch too!
- Waffles, Turkey Bacon, fruit salad. Last week, we had breakfast for dinner twice (three times if you count the leftovers!) We had blueberry pancakes and Scrapple in the beginning of the week. Then it was french toast and turkey bacon later in the week. After finding my never-used waffle iron while sorting through all of the many boxes in my basement, I decided that this week will be my first attempt at ever making waffles!
What are you serving for dinner this week? Share in the comments or follow me over to I'm an Organizing Junkie and join in the Menu Plan Monday fun!
Also, check out this post to find out how to get a coupon for FREE Activia Selects Yogurt!